Nutrition and dieting advice is everywhere!
Scroll through Google long enough and you will be overwhelmed with claims from every kind of diet under the sun, all saying that THIS is exactly what you need and guaranteed it will work for you.
How do we really know what’s right for us? Something might work for one person in one situation, but does that mean it will work for us too? And, will it work long-term? How will I know how to eat after this diet is done?
The thing is, none of these ‘diets’ really get to the root of the matter and most, if not all, don’t teach you how to eat long term, or for everyday life.
Plus, food alone is never the issue! There are always other factors present that have contributed to the issue. Always.
This is where a Holistic Nutritionist comes in.
Nutrition and lifestyle changes have a wonderful impact on your overall well being, when you make small adjustments over time. I don’t know about you, but I don’t do well with a bunch of information handed to me to figure out on my own.
I do much better with support, taking things one step at a time, knowing there is someone who’s got my back. Someone who will answer my questions and encourage me when I’ve gotten stuck - without judgement.
One of the best parts of my job is seeing the positive results in people – bloating issues resolved, constipation relieved, food-confusion turning to food-understanding, diabetics no longer needing medication. People become energized and vibrant by learning the importance of making their needs a priority. I could go on.
Top 11 reasons you need a Holistic Nutritionist in your life
1. Discover a holistic model of health, which includes Lifestyle and Mindset modifications, as well as dietary guidance.
2. Wellness plans individualized just for YOU – your likes, dislikes, allergies, food intolerances and lifestyle. We are all biochemically unique and one size does not fit all. A nutritionist will go through your complete history: food, stress, family diseases, food journal, likes/dislikes, injuries, allergies, etc. and will create an individualized plan based on YOU!
3. Get to the root cause of your bloating, food sensitivities, inability to lose weight, skin issues, low energy, without resorting to meds. The food itself is not to blame – there are underlying causes that need to be addressed.
4. No quick fixes, crash diets, counting calories, points systems or weighing food! Food is not meant to be complicated and something to fight against. Learn to eat right, without depriving yourself, and weight loss will be a nice side effect (along with better skin, increased energy, healthy bowel movements and better mood!)
5. Prevent or reduce the likelihood of disease, even those that you may be genetically predisposed to. Since almost every disease and illness are mostly influenced by Lifestyle factors, we actually have a huge influence on whether or not we will get sick! This is great news!
6. Optimal digestion – working with a holistic nutritionist will improve your gut health, which will help a laundry list of issues in itself.
7. Ongoing support – Nutritionists take detailed notes about you and look at all of the areas in your life that are working both for you and against you. One session alone will not fix everything, just as one session alone wouldn’t fix everything with your chiropractor or physiotherapist. You will feel your best if you continue to check in and gradually make changes. I believe we should fully invest in our health, because without it, what do we have?
8. Nutritionists do not advise you on a Food Guide or Pyramid, but on what is best for you specifically. Again, we are all unique.
9. Motivation, Support, Encouragement- When you’ve done something a certain way your entire life and maybe that’s the way your family has always done it, it can be really hard to make changes! Support is absolutely necessary when making these changes, otherwise it can be really easy to fall back into old ways – especially if the other people around you are still stuck in old patterns. Nutritionists will keep you on track when you face challenges and will be there to guide and support you.
10. Learn what nutrients you may be deficient in due to your current diet and lifestyle, along with any medications you might be taking. If necessary, food (and sometimes supplements) can be used to replace missing nutrients.
11. Good food = good mood! When I started making changes to my diet and lifestyle, my mood was one of the biggest changes that motivated me to keep going. Proper nutrition is essential to feeling good, and when we feel good our confidence level improves! It really does affect every part of our lives.
Interested in a complimentary 20-minute Discovery Call to see if we would be a good fit and to see how I can best help you? Click HERE.
Until next time,
As a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, May Anne's passion is working with women who have lost themselves in the busyness of life and don't feel comfortable in their skin anymore. She uses a step-by-step program that includes nutrition and lifestyle strategies, along with coaching and support, leading them to feeling vibrant, energetic and confident in their skin, without dieting or spending hours in the kitchen.