Last week, you may have seen the first part of this post, where I shared five of the eleven reasons you may not be losing weight. I’ll include the link to the first post HERE, so if you haven’t seen it, you can watch it now.
Today, I want to share with you the remaining SIX REASONS why you're not losing weight.
#6. You’re Not Drinking Enough Water. It’s surprising how many people are not drinking enough water. It’s such a simple thing, but can make all the difference. Hydrating helps your body flush out extra water, toxins, and can get rid of that extra weight.
#7 You Use Diet Drinks. Cutting out sugar and empty calories are good for weight loss, but the long-term effects of diet drinks are the exact opposite. Artificial sweeteners found in soda, juice, low-cal flavored yogurts and other diet foods, actually increase cravings for sweets like cake and cookies. Not to mention, they’re harmful for your health as well.
#8. You Rush While Eating. I used to be so bad for this and I’m sure I’m not the only one known to finish up a work assignment while quickly eating lunch at the same time. Or to mindlessly snack on food while watching a movie with the family. We all do it, but it’s too common nowadays, and eating while distracted can cause you to overeat, even if what you’re eating is "healthy."
Mindful eating will help you to enjoy it more, and will also help you to pay attention to your body's signals.
#9. You Don’t Take Time To Relax. If I asked you when the last time was that you haven’t felt stressed out, you probably wouldn’t be able to remember. It’s not just you. Between your work, family and personal life, you’re almost always stressed out.
The issue is that stress doesn’t just make you feel out of control; it can also halt weight loss by forcing the food you eat to be converted to fat rather than used as fuel, and that has to do with an increase in the stress hormone cortisol.
#10. You Focus Too Much On Working Out. Working out is obviously important for weight loss and we need it to be healthy. In fact, exercise makes up 20% of weight loss, while what you eat makes up the other 80%.
Unfortunately, some people will put most of their focus on working out and not enough on what they’re eating, and they end up either over-training without the proper nutrients to replenish or they end up wondering why they’re not getting the results they want.
#11. Your “Why” Isn’t Clear Enough. Most people start a new plan or program without the proper motivation, and this leads to falling off the plan in no time at all.
When you don’t have your reason “why” you’re doing it clear enough, any old excuse will have you reaching for a row of cookies. Motivation needs to come from within.
You need to spend some time on your reason why and become really clear on it, make it strong so it resonates with you, and then keep it in front of you at all times.
When I work with clients both 1:1 and in group programs, we walk step by step together through tips like these and many more, and we’re able to spend more time on them.
If you would like my help in discovering ways to overcome that weight loss plateau, so you can finally have the body you’ve been waiting for, simply message me HERE.
I’ll see you next time.
Leave a Reply.
As a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, May Anne's passion is working with women who have lost themselves in the busyness of life and don't feel comfortable in their skin anymore. She uses a step-by-step program that includes nutrition and lifestyle strategies, along with coaching and support, leading them to feeling vibrant, energetic and confident in their skin, without dieting or spending hours in the kitchen.